shall we dance??

                                                                   
The evening was lovely....
her presence  across the candle-lit table coupled with the moon peeping through the clouds made it look even lovelier...

Her eyes strayed and her lips picked up a smile...clearly,she had seen something interesting...
A much-in-love couple swaying to some light music was her object of interest...

Having sensed her next move,he twisted uneasily in his seat...
he even considered using the loo as an excuse but she acted quicker than he thought....

"would you like to dance?"her big expressive eyes seemed to ask more than just the question..

"ahh...sorry...I don't dance"his tone had a hint of regret..

"me neither...I mean...not usually in front of anybody"...she sounded equally regretful

"oh..no...I mean I...I don't at all...as in I can't"...he bungled up his words big time...

"everybody can dance...come on!you can't be that bad"...THE INVITATION was there...and the reassurance seemed to have done wonders to his non-existent dancing skills

"pleeeease"...the same eyes were fixed at him and this time they were expectant...

Fingers crossed,she waited with bated breath..

The nervousness showed and he seemed at a loss of words...

"for me!!..."'THE WEAPON WHICH NEVER FAILS GIRLS' HAD STRUCK...he melted without a word,his expressions conveying everything

"come on"....she knew she had won,the triumphant glow on her face making her look even lovelier...

Lost in each other's eyes,they arose and danced in each others arms...without a word...that night,it was ONLY LOVE that did the talking...
Overpowered by the strongest emotion ever known to mankind,they danced...and danced...and danced......

P.S.-I don't dance either...;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANAND and me....

U-2@two....31/3/2010

return to innocence...