The chaiwallah...



Having watched 'slumdog millionaire'  till late in the night....i had been sleeping well after daybreak....and dreaming of a turnaround in my life akin to the one in Jamaal Malik-the chaiwallah's life....




my eyes open,i felt for my mobile only 2 find it switched off...."damn!!..low battery"
i didn't have a wrist watch either....

I was on the Azad Hind Express.....going back home 4 a vacation....

Wondering where the train had reached,i was about 2 ask the guy sitting on the lower berth when i heard something familiar"kharaab chai!!...sabse kharaab chai....isse kharaab chai koi pila de toh paisa wapas"

I smiled....4 finally i was in home territory.....


P.S.-an usual sight on Indian trains,especially those passing through U.P. nd Bihar,the kharaab chaiwallah's chai  is anything but kharaab ...the label being just an unique strategy 2 grab eyeballs....nd boost sales...

 Eastwards bound??...don't miss out on your cuppa of 'kharaab chai'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANAND and me....

U-2@two....31/3/2010

return to innocence...